Hello duckfans and gearheads. After an extended period of pondering, fiddling, and testing, we are now ready to present to you our version 2 release of the Brigand Rules, our fan ruleset for Heavy Gear Blitz.
For those who don’t know: we had increasingly found ourselves unsatisfied the the direction and overall quality of the official Living Rule Book version of Heavy Gear Blitz and decided to take what we felt was good from that ruleset, throw out what was bad, and generally rewrite everything to be an easier read and a smoother playing experience.
The wonderful Samuli Aura has agreed to update the Brigand model stats in Gear Grinder so expect to see those very shortly.
For those who don’t use Gear Grinder we also have a small menu of HTML model list options:
- Just the LRB models and variants, updated with Brigand stats, in a format you’re used to
- As above, but with suggested ‘roles’ for models to help the reader know at a glance what each model is generally good at
- The full Brigand list of models including everything from the LRB plus many, many additions taken from previous incarnations of Heavy Gear
- As above, but with suggested roles
- As above, but with suggested roles and presented in a new format you might prefer
If you decide to give our rules a try we’d love to hear what you think of them so please feel free to comment! Alternately, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org